30 Apr 2016

EF Leadership Summit 2016


EF and Hult International Business School London offered us, the EF High School Exchange Year Class of '16 UK and Ireland, to take part in a Leadership summit at the Hult Undergraduate campus in Central London. I filmed a video (which you can watch here) about Global Citizenship which I was asked to submit as application and I gladly got o join the weekend in London.

We had the opportunity to learn about our leadership skills in a university environment by having the chance to listen to John Neal and Peter Hill in two coaching sessions about Leadership Encounters and Dependable Strengths. Both sessions were truly enjoyable, I loved listening to the coaches as well as working and thinking with them and the other students. Now a week later after it all sunk in a little bit I can think back and know this weekend was one of the best ones since I came the UK. Not only because it was informative and instructive but also because I had the chance to meet so many great people and friends. 

On friday and saturday evening there was enough time to spend some hours in London outside the campus, to walk around and to discover a little bit more of the british capital.

I'm honestly so glad I took the chance and applied for the weekend because it was truly great and it definitely assured me of one thing and so did this year, that I know what I want a little bit more than before and I walked a little bit further on my way towards being independent (I don't want to say grown up because I still feel like a little girl haha). 

And as you can see on the picture above, we were really busy spending our break taking pictures on the campus roof garden which by the way was so cool.

One last thing: Never turn down an opportunity it'll be worth it.

Lots of love,
LeaLila
x

No comments:

Post a Comment