19 Dec 2015

TIME.


Since my last post a lot of time has gone past and according to that it is time to write one again. Well a lot of things have happend in the past few weeks and I don't even know where to start but I try it at with beginning. It has been 115 days since I got on a plane in Vienna and took off to the United Kingdom and it feels like it has only been yesterday. I feel like the time flies and you don't even notice it until you suddenly start thinking about it. You think about everything that has happend so far, about all the good days and about the bad ones, about everything that made you grown and that made your experience abroad a special one. All of a sudden I realised that I'm almost half way through my exchange year and followingly I noticed how precious time actually is and how careful and thoughtful you have to use it. "Exchange is not a year in a life, it's a life in a year" until you haven't experienced a year abroad on your own you don't understand the true meaning about that phrase. One doesn't realise how unbelievably true it is. I took me some months to settle down, but now that I'm here for a while already I feel home and I look back to the beginning and I think: "God I have grown, learned and experienced so much". 

Christmas is just about to arrive and I have to admit I'm actually excited about it, I mean proper excited like a little child. It's my first christmas without my family and in another country than my home and experiencing all the different traditions and ways to celebrate this time of the year makes it much more interesting for me than what it actually is. But I enjoy it so much and I'm so glad I'm staying in England for this special time. I'm usually not really bothered about christmas and all but as I said previously the unusual makes it exciting.

Furthermore I have a new hostsister, she's from norway and she moved in at my hostfamily's a week ago and somehow I'm really glad she came and to have someone likeminded around, also because she is really lovely (in that sense: hi louisa). My hostfamily makes me feel very home and comfortable already and I really enjoy living here, which also makes me feel a bit independend (I don't even know where this independence feeling comes from it's just in my head). Anyway I don't regret a minute that I have spent here.

I wish you all a wonderful and a relaxing christmas time, I hope I'll be able to update my blog more often because I really want to its just hard to find time for everything. It's even hard to find time to call my friends and family at home, but somehow at least I can manage that.

Lots of Love,
LeaLila
x

1 comment: