25 Dec 2015

Sind am schönsten, wenn wir niemanem gefallen wollen.

 I guess this is the first time I'm writing a title in german but I just like it better in that language. Sorry.

So a few days ago we went to Doncaster Lakeside to take some pictures also because it was so lovely weather. Well if you keep in mind that this was the 23rd of December (so "Christmas Eve" Eve) it was way too lovely. It was warm and sunny and springy and just awful. I do have to say I prefer nice and warm weather, like in spring or early autumn but around christmas I want it cold, actually freezing and I want snow and all that stuff. You know that kind of weather were you you want to stay in bed, wrapped up in ten blankets and nice pajamas, with hot chocolate, a good book and nice, cozy music. I missed these kind of things this year although I loved my first english christmas. It was a really lovely time and although I wasn't where I spent my last 16 christmasdays I still felt home and although I wasn't around the people I spent this time of the year for the past 16 years with I still felt as if I would be around a family. After a big, and realy nice christmas dinner (and after I opend my first christmas cracker) we sat together in the living room playing games and watching TV. On the morning of the 25th I got woken up by my hostmom ("Get up everyone it's chriiistmas!!") and everyone came downstairs to unwrap their chrismas presents. I got a lot of letters and little bits and bobs from home and from my second family in England and after the mountain of wrapping paper was removed from the middle of the living room into a rubibsh bag we had an english breakfast and relaxed for the rest of the day.
 Experiencing different traditions and new ways of celebrating christmas is something very special and I'm insanely thankful and glad I had the chance to see that, thanks to everyone who helps making my exchange year a good one.

After talking about british christmas I propably should start writing about the actual post. As you might have already realised, I cut my hair. Oh and I dyed it aswell. It's shorter and darker and I like it so much better. Besides that I felt like I'm ready for a change again so here we go. These are the first pictures with my new haircut (I don't include the uncountable number of selfies I took straight after I had it done though hahaha) we catched the last sunlight of that day and although you can't really see it in the pictures the sundown in the background was so beautiful. I kept my outfit quiet simple, I'm basically wearing a black dress, black blazer, black shoes and a scarf and pink socks.

Hope you all have a lovely christmas break and a wonderful and realxing time off, I'm off to London on Sunday and I can't wait to take lots and lots of pictures I will keep you up to date.

Lots of Love,
LeaLila
x

Photos by Chantal Pattes







No comments:

Post a Comment