17 Sept 2015

Little Things Aren't Little Things | UK Exchange Year #2


The days now, the time and the life you live at the moment, the experiences you make currently and the dreams you put into effect today will once be the good old time. So make sure you can be proud to say 'I don't regret anything I did.' And be able to say 'I haven't missed a chance to break out in my life.' Make the best of it and don't give your old you the opportunity to say 'I wish I did...'

I'm in the UK for nearly a month now and I feel like I've already experienced a whole life. Although it isn't a long time it feels like it is. I slowly get used to everything here and I already settled in pretty well. But I still want to get in the car on the wrong side and I still have my problems with picking the right coins out of my wallet. Well give some more weeks and I won't even remember these struggles.

If you have any problems as a foreign student, just talk about it. Tell your hostfamily or your friends you're upset and they'll be able to help and understand you. And cry sometimes. It feels so much better to put it outside and then hide it in a drawer than need to carry it around with you all the time. If you don't know something, ask. Ask your hostfamily, ask your teachers, ask your class mates. This is also a great way to make friends. Don't be shy and wait for people to talk to you. Talk to them. Ask a stranger for the way if you're lost. Ask a million questions (or nearly a million) and you will get a million answers. And answers bring you further also if it's only the way to the next trainstation.

And I think now 'Dear a month old me: Don't be scared. You can do it.'

Lots of Love,
LeaLila
x


No comments:

Post a Comment