6 Sept 2015

The darkest nights produce the brightest stars. | UK Exchange Year #1

  
The first two weeks are almost over. I think I've never experienced, felt, cried, laught and learned so much at the same time. The first two or three weeks are probably the hardest. They are like a rollercoaster and you don't know how to handle all the ups and downs. And yes I have cried. I miss home and I miss my family (which is absolutely normal I guess). But I still believe in myself and I know I can do this. It's not easy to come to a foreign country, knowing that you know nobody. Different language, different culutre, different habits, different school, different friends. The word "different", it sounds scary but it's doesn't need to be something bad, it just means "new". 

I have a really nice hostfamily and they help me a lot with everything. I'm glad to have someone I can trust and talk to because it makes it a lot easier to handle all the problems and feelings when you have someone you feel comfortable with. 

Friday was the first day of school and I can't describe how excited I was. As I said, everything is new. I went to school by bus which was the first challenge this day because I was so scared to miss the busstop where I have to get off. But I made it and when I saw all the other students and started talking to them I calmed down a bit and I started to relax. And no, I don't have to wear a school uniform (although it would have been a great experience to wear one). We just have a dresscode which is usual for sixth form students all over the UK.

Well I'm excited for the upcoming time and I will keep you up to date!
Have a nice day!

Love,
LeaLila








No comments:

Post a Comment