25 Oct 2015

October and everything that goes with it. | UK Exchange Year #6


I really need to apologize for being such a lazy blogger and I know my posts have been everything but regular in the last time. But to be honest I just didn't find the time to write or take pictures and I will try my best to update the blog more often. 
In the past few weeks the everyday routine settled down and I live my english life with the only difference that I'm just the little exchange student from Austria that sometimes has to ask twice when she doesn't understand some words. Feeling comfortable in a new country needs time, it really does but when you're once over the these times where you think 'Give it some more weeks.' the year actually starts being the best year you can have. My english gets a little better every day and realising that feels so awesome because you know you actually start living, thinking and dreaming in that language. Talking german is more weird for me than talking english at the moment.

The english autumn is beautiful. The leaves change colours, the footpath is covered with a layer of leaves that have fallen of like it would be covered with snow and you can barley see the ground and the weather is less rainy than I expected. Compared to my homecountry it's quiet warm for the season but due to the fact I'm a summer person I still think it's too cold although - and that's what my hostdad keeps saying - I should be used to freezing temperatures. But well it's only october it will get even colder.
This weekend I have been on a halloween party and I have to admit I'm usually not a big fan of halloween or fancy dress parties because - and that regards more to carnival - people just dress up and pretend to be funny and to be party people although the rest of the year their just boring and stay at home. And I rather stay myself. But this party was quiet nice actually and I really enjoyed dressing up although my costume was just a scary make-up or at least the attempt of a scary make-up.

I wish you nice week,
Love,
LeaLila
x




No comments:

Post a Comment