4 Oct 2015

A Piece of Old Home in Our New Home. | UK Exchange Year #5


First of all - Maria if you are reading this: Hey there and I had a wonderful day with you. "Carpe diem!" 

As I went to Birmingham this weekend I met a very close friend of mine from Austria. She is staying in England as an exchange student aswell, she just came here with another organisation. I haven't seen her in a while and I was really looking forward to meet her. Not just because I saw her again also because it felt good to see someone you are really familiar with. That might sounds weird but we both said that it feels good to have a little piece from home again after the first month full of ups and downs.
I know from a lot of past exchange students that it can be hard when someone from your homecountry comes for a visit because students tend to fall back in the 'first-week-phase'. Homesickness might come back and you have to say goodbye again. But meeting Maria was a little different. I know she has got the same problems as I do - actually the same problems every exchange student has - and I can always go and visit her.

It was a repeatable day and beside that I spent way too much money for food (but food is so good, can't do anything against it?) I had a great time.

Lots of Love,
LeaLila
x

Photos by Maria Pohn

No comments:

Post a Comment