30 Aug 2015

Adventure Awaits | UK Exchange Year


Four days ago I got on the plane in Vienna and took off to the United Kingdom. I left my home to start my life as an exchange student in England and to make new experiences.

I spent the first 3 days at the Welcome Days in Winchester. I stayed at the university campus with 300 other exchange students and I met a lot of new people there. We got a lot of information about how to deal with homesickness, how to handle problems with school or your hostfamily and how to manage everything else. One really good basic principle we got told was "What you put in, is what you get out." I think this is something that you always have to keep in your mind.


On the second day - friday to be exact - we went to London. We didn't see a lot of the city because it's kind of impossible to do that with 300 students. But we did a really nice boat trip on the thames and we drove by the London Eye, Big Ben and the Tower Brigde (and all the other important attractions near the river). We had one and a half hour free time and we spent it near the thames at the south bank, we had hot dogs there and took lots of photos (and videos but I will show you them later) and just enjoyed a bit of the "London-flair".
4 hours we needed to go back to Winchester because the was sooooo much traffic and we got stuck in the traffic jam. But we arrived (fortunately).


I went to bed early because the coach that brought us to our hostfamilies left at 07:15am from Winchester. After a 7 hours bus drive I arrived in Doncaster and I met my hostfamily (they are so nice, I really like them).

I wish you all a nice week,
Love,
LeaLila
x


No comments:

Post a Comment